- Parents must provide their child with a proper instrument to practice on at home.
- Piano - This must either be an acoustic instrument or a digital piano with 88 weighted keys accompanied by a proper bench and pedal.
- Strings/Reeds - The instrument should be properly sized for each student’s height and MUST be brought to each lesson.
- Please keep your child’s fingernails cut short.
- If your child is coming to lessons from ASE, you must sign a permission slip. This will allow the instructor to pick up and drop off your child back to ASE staff.
- Students are expected to attend each scheduled week of the semester. When you register for lessons, your time slot is reserved for you for the teaching year.
- The teacher will not make up any lessons missed by the student for any reason.
- If the teacher needs to cancel a lesson, it will be made up by the end of the term.
Students are responsible for bringing all necessary materials which may include their instrument, books, sight-reading cards, and assignment notebook to every lesson. (We would suggest putting everything in a tote or bag to avoid getting anything dirty or lost.)
- Practice needs to be a priority for both the student and parent. Practice should take place in a quiet, calm environment.
- To ensure practice is happening, it is advisable to set up a regular practice time everyday.
- Your instructor will communicate specific practice goals and expectations. Quality practice is always better than quantity!
Inclement Weather/Sickness Policy
- In the case that the student is ill and cannot attend the lesson, the family has the option to have a virtual lesson at the same time. Notice must be given the morning of no later than 11AM.
- In the case that the Academy of Music is closed, a makeup day will be offered.
- Please sign up on Reach Alert for the most up to date information regarding the Academy’s closures.
- Photos of students and video and audio recordings of student projects and performances may be posted online and used by the Academy of Music for promotional and workshop materials. Identifying information will be excluded or limited to first names only.
- Parents wishing to exempt their students from any published media may do so by providing a written exclusion request.
- The financially responsible party understands and agrees to follow the Tuition Payment and Fees Policy and the Delinquent Payment Policy.
- If multiple parties are paying for school tuition, a tuition agreement is required for all financially responsible parties.